Our specialist solicitors and ex HMRC Investigators have expertise in six core areas:
- Challenging Tax Assessments and Penalties;
- Tackling aggressive action by HMRC solicitors and Debt Management teams;
- Appealing HMRC decisions to the tax tribunals;
- Voluntary Disclosure of Fraud;
- VAT and more general HMRC tax advice;
- Managing all aspects of a criminal investigation.
We work across the UK – including Northern Ireland – and are one of the most respected companies in our field, with an extensive UK and international client base.
We have over 30 years experience in criminal and civil action taken in the Tribunal, Crown Court, High Court and European Court of Justice. We also have consultants with experience in HMRC investigations and the “Big 4” accountancy services. Our skills are extensive and we can provide advice on topics including criminal/civil defence cases, money laundering, HMRC conflicts and compensation claims.
Please see the list below for a few examples of past instructions. Where relevant, we only instruct barristers who have significant experience in the case at hand and who provide value for money. Our previous extensive use of barristers, in varying work areas, means we can source those with the knowledge of case law relevant to your specific needs.
CTM’s ethos is simply to provide real value for money and to leave each client feeling fully satisfied with our service. We achieve this through our 4 core values:
- Great Service – We pride ourselves in our ability to not only achieve excellent results for our clients, but to also work quickly, ensure that we speak in plain English and to make ourselves available to discuss each case when it suits our clients. We also provide an initial assessment of every case free of charge so that you fully understand what can, and cannot, be achieved. We can then discuss a variety of options to ensure our fees provide value for money, such as fixed or capped fee arrangements.
- High Standards – Our success speaks for itself and we are able to maintain high standards because we only employ experienced, motivated staff and only specialise in legal tax matters; we do nothing else. By focusing on this area, we are always able to know how best to manage an HMRC dispute or Tribunal appeal and what the relevant case law is.
- Professional Team – Our internal structure ensures that the professionalism of our staff is monitored by the partners and directors and does not fall short of what is expected. We provide accurate, honest advice so our clients can make an informed decision as to whether to dispute an HMRC decision, or whether to reach a settlement.
- Forever Learning – Our staff are highly skilled, but we ensure that we are always up to date with HMRC procedure, new legislation and relevant caselaw. In fact, we only employ staff who have a desire to keep learning.