Personal Tax Issues
Many individuals, from time to time, find themselves in a dispute with the HMRC regarding their tax affairs. This can often be a disagreement about the scope and size of a tax liability, but quite often there will be an issue as to whether or not the liability should exist in the first place.
Each and every year HMRC begin investigations into the affairs of individuals, businesses, companies, charities and trusts. Whilst the majority of these investigations are targeted, there will also be significant numbers of these investigations which are made completely at random. The tactics of HMRC are often very aggressive as they move quickly to secure much needed revenue.
CTM has extensive experience in robustly tackling HMRC tax investigations and can assist with any dispute including:
- Tax investigations into individuals;
- Residency and domicile tax investigations;
- Civil investigation of fraud (COP8 & COP9) cases;
- Disclosure of tax affairs;
- PAYE investigations (Employer Compliance Reviews);
- Appealing penalties and surcharges for individual tax affairs;
- Negotiation and settlementent with HMRC (including ADR scheme);
- Advice and reporting on a wide range of individual and employment issues.
As with all cases we take on, we almost always offer fixed or capped fee arrangements so that you know exactly what the costs will be and when the staggered payments need to be made.
For free initial advice, please call us at the earliest opportunity on 0345 557 0005.